Thursday, March 19, 2009

We got here!

Hi all!
I'm writing this on the 17'th of March, and hopefully I'll be able to put in on the blog soon.
We are finally moved and are settling down here in the small population of Waldron! We doubled the numbers when we moved here, if that tells you anything about the size. And I'm not exaggerating!
Our move went pretty smooth other than some problems with the U-Haul truck. (check out www.thepanhandleroughriders.blogspot.com) But we are here safe and sound. We ended up not renting from our friends, as the house has too much mold. Which we are allergic to. So we found a house in Waldron, which is about 15 minutes from Melville. We just got a phone number and address, I've got the address memorized but will have to ask what the phone # is. :-)
P.O. Box 47
Waldron, SK
S0A 4K0
(306) 728-5638
Call if you want, I don't know how much internet time I'll get, (we have to go into Melville or Yorkton for it) so it's pretty much snail mail, or the phone. And yes I do think I'll be brave enough to talk on the phone. In fact I'm seriously thinking about calling our good friend, Ray, to set up a time for him to come and visit us. :-) If I'm brave enough for that I can prolly stand to answer the phone and talk to my friends from all around! :-) I will look forward to hearing from you either way! You're also free to email me, guitarlyddy@gmail.com and I'll reply when I can. :-)
It has been very warm here, warming up to above freezing in the day but freezing in the night. Perfect maple syruping weather! :-) One thing I love to do in the early spring is to make maple syrup, and when it freezes at night and then warms up during the day it's the right weather! But we're in town right now so we can't really do it. Oh well, hopefully next spring!
We have to get the horses out here from Alberta soon, as our friends that are boarding them for us are going to be gone, but first Mom has to have the baby. And that should happen anytime now! She is having light contractions, so tonight or tomorrow I should be able to meet my youngest sibling!
I'll probably be able to write about him/her before we get to town. :-) So please take it as it comes. :-)
Our house is small here but we do fit and are having a good time! :-) And we aren't sleeping out side, which is very nice! I think that would get pretty cold! Our bunk beds are coming in very handy. Where ever one fits, there's two kids! J/K! The most in one room is four, and that's Hannah, Martha, Cilla, and I.
Mom just told me that all the kids over eighteen have to call in and tell Health Canada about the change of address. Am I ever glad that I'm just going to be 17, this year! Haha! No phone calls to Health Canada for me! :-) I don't feel one bit sorry for Ellie either, she's been awful ornery to me lately, shooting me with rubber bands and all. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations that you got there!!! Hey, is that Ray from U.E.? That would be fun...you'd get all the info that you need:)

    Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete