Thursday, September 23, 2010

Some News...


So, this morning around 6:30 Martha shot herself a cow elk! I talked to her on the phone and she sounds really excited, even though she says that she's only 'a bit' excited. :-) I'm excited for her!

I'm reading a book called Growing UpCountry by Don Mitchell. I'm about 3/4 of the way done reading it. There was one chapter that I didn't really appreciate, but other than that I have really enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anybody wanting to read about raising kids and a flock of sheep in Vermont. It has lots of humor and also good knowledge about both. :-)

The horse training is coming along. I have both of the colts saddled, and I'm working on the right before riding stuff. :-) Like being able to bounce beside them... being able to put my foot in the stirrup and bounce, etc. Getting closer and closer to actually riding. 15 days down, with 15 to go. I'm now getting anxious to go home and start hunting! :-) But I'm still enjoying my time here.





4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Martha! That is a big thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Congratulations to Martha!! I think it would be neat to go hunting...someday.
    Good luck on the continued horse training; sounds like they are coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a big thing, I mean just thinking about going hunting this fall... I do have a tag for a cow elk.... is a big thing. Martha was very excited when I talked to her on the phone this morning, but she was also acting very grownup. :-) 13 is a tough age.

    ReplyDelete