Friday, May 24, 2013

Riding lesson

I had my first jumping lesson a loved it! 

There is a reason I have drawn to the english style of riding for a long time. 
Today I think I found out why. 

It is very precise. Your hands have to be a certain way, your heels down but not tense, sitting straight, shorter reins, a little shorter stirrups, bigger/faster gaits, and you get to JUMP! 

I had so much fun today! Even though it was raining and very windy. 

For those of you on FB, I shared the video that my instructor took of my last jump. 


It's been my dream for a long time to be an three day eventer. And what mainly draws me to that is the cross-country jumping. 
I was scared that when I tried jumping I wouldn't like it or I'd get scared. 
Thankfully that wasn't the case at all and I can't wait to learn more and get better! 

I found that I really like riding in the english saddle. I had a lot more freedom to post to the trot, and the canter, that I found very hard to sit to in a western saddle, seemed fairly easy with the english saddle. 

Besides the english look is much cleaner than the normal casual western look. I like that. 

On a different note. Tomorrow is the rehearsal for our recital on Sunday. 
I am fairly nervous about the recital. I have to say a little something about each student that is preforming and I'll be playing rhythm for them. Aack! I can't think too much about it. 

Crazy thing, I leave in 8 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment