Monday, June 18, 2012

Music and Life

I haven't posted for a while... Sorry to all who read my posts. 
I've been settling in here with work and all. Unfortunately the cat, Snow, decides that he likes me. So now, I who dislikes cats in general, have a 'friend' who thinks that I should pet him, and feed him treats. But, I have my revenge. Snow is a very dignified cat, he never plays, I make him do tricks for his treats. Which he dislikes greatly, but he does the tricks because he really likes the treats. 

On Wednesday, the 13th, we went to a 50th birthday party for a good friend, Will E. There was lots of food, drinks, desserts, laughter, talk, and LOTS of music!!! Naomi and I sang two songs, Streets of London and Ole Dan Tucker. It was a lot of fun practicing the songs in preparation, even more fun singing them at the party. There was a lot of good music! Bluegrass, country, folk, fiddle, blues (Ken Hamm for 3/4 of an hour!), and comedy. We all had a blast!   
Don Carter took this picture of Naomi and I singing Streets of London. I was pretty much blocked in with mics. I had to stand behind the piano with Naomi so I could read the words. 

On Saturday I got even more music! We were in Regina and I didn't want to go to the movies with Naomi and Jesse, so I went and hung out with Ray Bell and Tahnis Cunningham at the Music In The House recitals. Good music! If you live in Regina and are looking for, guitar, fiddle, drum, piano, bass, or voice lessons, I would suggest you check out Music In The House this fall! I know several of the instructors who teach there. They're good people who know their instruments. 
Another thing that happened in Regina was that I got an iPhone 4S. So far I am loving it! :-) If you want my number you can Facebook me or email me. 

I am going for a riding lesson on Thursday! I'm really excited about that! I hope it works out for me to take lessons steady. Maybe eventually I'll move Coyote down here and take lessons on him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment